27 August 2014

NUTELLA POUND CAKE

BY Unknown IN , , , , No comments

You know how you'd be sitting in the car waiting for the traffic light to turn green and your minds wanders and you think of random things or replay something that happened the day before? No?  Not Really?? I do that very often! Maybe it’s just me J . So this morning I was waiting for one such light to turn green and Kochu’s face came into mind. How he smiled at me when I offered him a whipped cream covered cake bowl to lick yesterday. He smiled, and was amazed I let him get all sticky and messy!

Remembering his and Chackochi’s expressions made me think, when I’m gone, what will Kochu remember the most about me? Yes, of all the things I could have thought about, this is what came into my mind. But seriously, when I’m dead and long gone, I hope Kochu will remember me for letting him lick the cake mixer bowl clean before he remembers me yelling at him for wrenching Chackochis arm when he wants Chackochi to come with him.

Kochu’s at that age where I am constantly yelling “No!” and “Stop!” on a regular basis. L He is always doing things he shouldn’t be doing and he knows that he shouldn’t be doing. This means I yell at Kochu… a lot. Certainly a lot more than I let him lick the cake bowl.  Oh dear… Hmmm how depressing!
Alright, so mental note, even if I don’t stop yelling so very often at Kochu, at least make sure I let him have fun just as much too. So that when I’m gone, he’ll remember me for the fun we had together  J

I know what you are thinking; I’m crazy but don’t you think about stuff like this too?? J

Right, crazy talk aside, today’s recipe is for the best ever Pound Cake I’ve ever had! The cake was literally gone in a couple of hours so it was a definite hit. Everyone asked for seconds and thirds. I haven’t made a cake that was this popular before.


And the of course addition of Nutella to it just takes it up a notch. You can omit the Nutella and make just the cake. I swear it will still taste just as heavenly. I made another variation of this as well a Butter Brownie Cake which was just as good. I’ll put up the recipe soon. But this is a definite must try recipe and I promise you’ll never look for another pound cake recipe again!

The original recipe actually layers the Nutella on quite thickly, but I didn’t put on as much and so my cake looked more like a marbled tea cake than a Nutella Layered Pound Cake. But the next time I make this (probably very soon!) I might actually layer the Nutella as thick as the original recipe does too. Oh my waistline is definitely not going to thank me for it, but all for the love of food, right?! J






NUTELLA POUND CAKE
Recipe Source:  RasaMalaysia
Makes one 9”x5” Loaf pan

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (8 oz / 225 g / 1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar (I used 1 cup)
One 13-ounce (350 g) jar Nutella

METHOD:
1.       Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour.
2.       In a glass measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla.
3.       In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.
4.       In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
5.       With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
6.       Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer.
7.       Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread half of the Nutella on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
8.       Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9.       Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)