10 October 2012

DIY Mickey/Minnie Mouse Birthday Banner

BY Unknown IN , , , 2 comments


Here’s the long promised tutorial on how to make your own Mickey/Minnie Mouse Birthday Banner.  I’m sorry I don’t have step by step pictures, which I know would have made this tutorial a whole lot easier to follow. But I made this banner over a couple of weeks (not that it takes that long, I just didn't have the time) and I wasn't organised enough. But I will remember this for next time though, I promise J

But for now you’ll need…
Black Card Stock
White Card Stock
Glue (lots of it!!)
Scissors
Ribbon
Round cup/dish for the white insert

Steps:
1. Start by getting a Mickey/Minnie head template for your invite.  I just googled "Mickey head template."  You'll get lots of images to choose from.  Print out the template of your choice.
2. Trace on black card stock and cut out with scissors.
3. Open a new "document" in Paint and type "H" in the font that you want; I used the Walt Disney font I downloaded. I saved that I repeated for every letter until I got all the letters I needed for "Happy 1st Birthday Issac & Annabelle."
4. Then, I printed out each letter on white card stock paper. 
5. Next use a circle cutter to cut out the letter so it fits on your Mickey head.  If you don't have a circle cutter you can use a small round dish or cup like I did.
6. Use glue stick to stick it onto Mickey's head.
7. Once you've got all the letters, get the hole puncher. Punch a hole each on Mickey’s ears and thread your ribbon through it and you end up with this:



Now you have an adorable Mickey/Minnie Mouse banner for your party! Hope you understand my tutorial. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 


2 comments:

  1. What site did you get the walt font from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I downloaded the font from here http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Walt_Disney.htm
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)