25 February 2015

Cheesy Broccoli Bites

BY Unknown IN , , , No comments

I’m back, from my extra-long holiday. I know, I Know. It wasn't supposed to be this long but I just have not been able to back into our routine of things until now. Work had been keeping me pretty busy and so had the boys and life as you know it. But the important thing is that I’m here now J

So what have I missed? For us, it was an absolutely wonderful 6 weeks in India. I hated coming back and would have easily stayed longer if I didn't need to keep my job! It was wonderful catching up with family and friends and time just flew by way too quickly, as always. The boys too loved it there and had a fabulous time. It was wonderful to eat homely cooked meals 3 times a day and being able to put my feet up and do nothing (most of the time, anyway!). It was great while it lasted. Now back to reality.
So kids back at day-care and we're back at work. Of course, what else did I expect? Anyways, it took me a while to get out of my holiday mood and back to working mode. I have been cooking and baking plenty all this while but just haven’t had a chance to put it all up here.  I've been on the lookout for some different yet tasty vegetarian recipes that are simple to whip up and let me tell you, these broccoli tots are delicious. These turned out awesome, perfect as a side dish or a snack and a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables! They are great as finger food for kids  and are just as tasty for a healthy side to your dinner. Team it with some meat for kids and maybe some rice or pasta and you've got a fulfilling meal in under an hour! Whohooo! Even my husband enjoyed this as a snack teamed with some southwest sauce. Double win! J Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself, you won’t be disappointed!





Cheesy Broccoli Bites
Makes 10-15 
Ingredients
  • 2 cup chopped – broccoli, raw
  • 2 large – egg
  • 1/2 tsp – salt
  • 1/2 cup, crumbs – panko (japanese bread crumbs)
  • 1/4 cup – parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup – colby cheese or any other 
  • 2 tbsp – olive oil
Directions
  1. Steam 2 cups of broccoli
  2. Add broccoli, egg, salt, panko or bread crumbs, and the cheeses to a food processor.
  3. Blend just till chopped finely.
  4. Using 1 tablespoon at a time, form into balls.
  5. Heat oil in a skillet.  Drop balls of broccoli mixture into pan.  Flatten with a spatula and cook until both sides are crispy.




 Notes:
  • For a healthier option, you can bake but maybe drizzle a bit of oil so it becomes crispy.
  • You don't have to use two types of cheeses. Just Parmesan alone will do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)