13 June 2012

Apple Kesari & a Goodbye...

BY Unknown IN , , , , , No comments


One of the very important people in my life is moving away. She is a friend and she and her husband are moving to another place soon.

My husband is my best friend but that doesn’t mean that Her moving away doesn’t feel like a seismic shift tossing me off balance. Because it does feel that way. It feels like a little earthquake.

What's especially sad is that we never got together as much as we should have,until recently. We were both super busy, and when someone's around all the time, it's easy to think that you'll always get to see them.

Then life happens and suddenly, the friend that you always assume you'll see next week, is packing her bags.

We haven't been friends for very long but it sure seems that way. Has she changed the way I think about the universe, about life, about love?? No, not really. Has she changed me in a way words can never express? Nope.

But without doing any of those things, she's managed to make a mark on my life and I know that even though we didn't do so much stuff together, when I say goodbye to her, a piece of me will go with her.

And  I know Issac's going to miss them too. He absolutely adores the both of them as much as he does us.

Yes, I know there is Skype, Facebook, G+ and the phone...but it's just not the same. I just hope she knows what she means to me and that she will be missed!!

Just reminds me how important it is that we find time for friends even though it seems absolutely impossible. There are so many special women in my life that I've met along the way and have stuck with me :) Ladies, you now who you are and I just hope you know that I love you and miss you even if I don't say it often or keep in touch as often as I should!!

OK, now for today's recipe.Today's recipe is something sweet. A bit of a treat for the babies. Issac hasn't got his appetite back yet after his bout of illness and so I made this coz he loves sweet stuff and hoped that he would take more than a couple of mouthfuls.

He did like it and did eat a wee bit more than usual. Its just a very easy Indian dish you can treat your baby to once in a while. And its great for parents too!!

Apple Kesari



2 medium sized Apples
1 cup Semolina (Rava)
1 cup Sugar 
3 cups Water
1/2 cup Ghee
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
Raisins (optional) (refer Notes)

Roast the semolina in a table spoon of ghee until light golden color and keep it aside.
Wash, peel and grate the apples and set aside.
Bring 3 cups of water to boil and add the roasted semolina and grated apple to it.
Cover with a lid and let it cook completely. When the water evaporates, add the sugar, cardamom powder and ghee.
Mix well and cook for a few minutes. When it thickens switch off the heat.
Garnish with fried raisins and serve.


Notes
You can adjust the amount of ghee to your liking. I haven't used the whole amount as in the recipe.
Omit the raisins and cashews if your baby can't manage chewing big pieces or optionally cook the raisins along with the semolina and apple until soft.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)