03 September 2015

Spicy Chicken Pizza

BY Unknown IN , , , No comments

Who doesn’t love pizzas? You just can’t go wrong with pizzas. So with weekend coming around and if you’re leaning towards ordering from Dominos or Pizza Hut, how about whipping up your own masterpiece for half the cost and with all the toppings you love! Sounds delish right?


Now to simplify things, of course I’m using store-bough pizza crust. Wait, wait before you kill me, I’ve included a link below to a beautiful homemade pizza crust for you supermoms and dads that want to do this extra step J. But as for me being the lazy person I am and wanting to get out of the kitchen ASAP, I don’t see the harm in using a store bought one. I think it tastes just as nice and no one I’ve ever served this to have complained. I’m sure you can think of 101 reasons why I should make my own dough, but for now let’s just agree to disagree, OK? J J

As for the toppings, oh my, that’s just a whole new world of exciting flavors and combinations waiting to be explored. You can put in as much or as little toppings as you want. You don’t have to even use my recipe. I’m just putting this out there so you know you can do it this way too. Mr. R and I like our pizzas a little spicy whereas Isaac prefers them milder and very cheesy. So I usually make 2 of them and then add in more sauce if anyone wants them.

Like I said your options for toppings are endless but we love chicken with mushrooms & capsicums and sometimes a little bit of red onions too. There are a few steps I do to get the chicken and the toppings ready but trust me it is so worth the effort. And I’m one of those people who never have any leftover cooked chicken I can use, so I have to cook up a batch. But if you do have some shredded chicken you can use then lovely!

So let’s get to it shall, we?

Spicy Chicken Pizza with Mushrooms and Capsicum

Ingredients:
Pizza Base, 2
Mozzarella or any other cheese, as needed
Chicken thighs, 3
Soya Sauce, 2 teaspoon
Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon or as needed
Turmeric, a pinch, optional
Capsicum, 1 medium, diced or sliced
Button Mushroom, 200 grams, sliced
Tomato Sauce
Mayonnaise (mild) or Chipotle Southwest Sauce (spicy)
Salt, as needed
Italian Herbs, optional
Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon


 Method:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. If you have a baking stone, place it in the oven to pre-heat.
2. Marinate the chicken with the soya sauce, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder, and a pinch of turmeric. Keep for 10-15 minutes. Cook the chicken in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
3. Once the chicken has cooled enough to handle, shred the chicken and keep aside.
4. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in another pan. Add your mushrooms and capsicums and quickly stir fry on high heat for a couple of minutes. You don’t want the vegetables to brown, just to wilt a bit. 
5. Now reduce the heat to medium flame and add in the shredded chicken and season with some salt & pepper. Stir until well combined. 
6. Drizzle a bit of hot sauce here if you like. Mix well and take the mixture off the heat.
7. Now to layer the pizza. First top the crust with some mayo or the chipotle southwest sauce.


8. Then some tomato sauce. You can go as heavy or light as you want; there is no right or wrong amount. 


9. Next add your chicken mixture.


10. Top liberally with mozzarella or any cheese of your liking.


11. Sprinkle some Italian herbs, more hot sauce if needed.
12. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until dough is crisp and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining dough for second pizza, or bake the pizzas side-by-side if your oven is big enough.


13. Serve while hot. Yummy pizza ready!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)