04 February 2014

Creamy Oatmeal with Banana & Peanut Butter

BY Unknown IN , , , , No comments

Today is Day #4 of my Sugar Free February. Yep, you read right, SUGAR -FREE February. I've decided to give up all forms of sugar for a month. For those of you who know me well, giving up sugar for me is almost as equivalent to asking me to give up breathing.

I don't know how I'm going to do it but I'll try as hard as I can to stick with it. A few of my colleagues from work and other friends are doing it with me so I do have moral support and also will have to answer to them if I cheat!

The hardest bit for me would be giving up the sugar in my morning coffee. I can't drink coffee without sugar and I can't work without coffee... Now, that's going to be tricky! That's the one thing that's doing my head in the most today. Will keep you updated as to how my days are going but totally ignore me if I seem cranky and unsociable, which i presume will be most of the time this month! :)

OK, so now for today's special. This one is a simple yet yummy twist to your toddler's boring oatmeal breakfast. This is absolutely delicious and you'll have your toddler licking the bowl clean. I had to use all my will power to stop me from eating any of this today :(

Make a big batch for the family, everyone will love this take on your everyday Oatmeal.

Creamy Oatmeal with Banana & Peanut Butter
 Ingredients:
1 large very ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp butter
1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
toppings: heaping 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon, pure maple syrup or golden syrup (optional)

Method:
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, cook the banana and butter for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and add the oats, milk, spices, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well until combined.
3. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Scoop into a bowl and top with peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon, and maple/golden syrup (optional)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)