27 February 2014

Chicken Rice Mash for Babies

BY Unknown IN , , , , , No comments

Its been a while since I posted a baby food recipe, so let today's recipe be just that. I've introduced Chackochi to meat quite earlier than I did with Kochu. He seems to like chicken and beef but not so much the pork. I'm yet to give him some fish, but when I do I think I'll start with salmon as it has so much of essential fatty acids that helps with brain development.

This chicken rice recipe is just a basic recipe and you can add more veggies or even fruits into it and serve your baby different variations so that he does not get bored.

Chicken Rice Mash

Ingredients:
Chicken - 1/2 cup boneless
Rice - 1 cup
Butter - 1/2 tsp
Salt

Method: 

  1. In a covered pot, combine water, chicken and salt(optional) . Simmer 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
  2. Meanwhile cook the rice and keep it aside. 
  3. Blend together cooked rice, chicken, a little chicken broth and butter(add salt if required).
  4. Serve warm.



Notes

  • Add the chicken broth according to the consistency of the mixture.
  • Store separately in individual servings in the freezer sealed in plastic sandwich bags, or in a plastic ice-cube tray, which must be bagged and tied. Defrost a meal at breakfast, so it is ready to heat for lunch. 
  • As your child gets a few months older and can chew better, you can grate these ingredients instead of blending them and you can use your leftovers, too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)