17 July 2014

Cheese Rollups

BY Unknown IN , , , , No comments

There are so many recipes sitting in my drafts folder that I've wanted to put up but haven't because I couldn't find the time to sit down and write out a full post. As usual, I just can't seem to find enough time to do everything. Seriously,  24 hours in a day is just not enough! :)

But that's not really true is it.. I think it may just be my poor time management skills. I know I suck at time management and so I'm always on the lookout for tips to manage my time better.
One such tip that I now definitely swear by is to plan the night before. That is, I plan for the next day, the night before. This makes my mornings so much easier and not so hurried as it used to be. Renju and I try and make sure the dishes are done, lunches are made,clothes are set out and daycare baskets are set out for the next morning before bed.

Another tip I'd give you is to Delegate! No one can do it as good as you, right? Right! It’s true. Renju does not clean the kitchen the same way I would and sometimes I get irritated when he does it differently. But I've learned to let it go. I have bigger problems, like getting to bed on time. :) So I will take on any help I can get!

Ok, that's my elderly wisdom for the day :) Let's move on to more pressing matters, like today's recipe.
This is one of those recipes that you can quickly whip up as a snack that is yummy and satisfying. I came across this in some blog a couple of months ago, but now for the life of me cannot remember where i saw it!
So, if by chance the author of this recipe ever comes across this post of mine, please don't think I stole your idea, I just don't know who to give credit to!



Cheese Roll ups
Ingredients:
Bread – 4 slices
Cheddar cheese – 2 slices
Butter - 1 tsp

Method:
1. Cut off the crusts off the bread slices(optional)
2. Flatten the bread slice a bit using a chapatti roller. You would do this so that the bread slices are easier to roll/fold without breaking.
3. Cut a cheese slice into 2 and place  ha;f a slice each over bread slices. Roll up and brush with melted butter.
4. Place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Or you can just toast these in a non-stick pan.


Allow to cool before serving as the cheese filling can be really hot!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)