18 July 2014

Lucas (Chackochi) Turns One!

BY Unknown IN , , No comments

A few months before the party, I started browsing Pinterest for ideas for first birthday themes for boys. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do as Chackochi still hadn't really shown much affinity for any thing but Me!!! :)
And while browsing I came across pictures of rainbow themed parties and immediately I was sold. I loved the impact the vibrant colors have and how cheerful and happy everything looked!

The ideas were limitless and the more I looked, the more I wanted to bring to our party. But time was of the essence and I had to limit myself to a few good ideas as I didn't want to get overwhelmed and stressed. One thing I realized browsing through countless rainbow party pics was that it was very easy to go over the top with this theme. I wanted to style the party such that we still had all the bright colors but without  it all seeming chaotic. Now there's a challenge! :)

The cake was the highlight of the party! I absolutely adored how the cake turned out and special thanks to Sugar Baby Cakery for the awesome cake. The bottom tier was banana cake with milk chocolate buttercream icing and the top tier was chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream icing. Yum!


The backdrop was balloons in the rainbow colors. Lots of lungs involved there, I must say. :)

I wanted the cake table to be eye catching but not so much that the decorations took away from the cake. So I decided to go with a simple decoration of mason jars with colored water and white flowers. If you put the flowers in the colored water the day before, as the flowers drink the water it will change the white flower into whatever color the water is. I didn't want this to happen, so I got my jars ready the night before, but I put the flowers in only that morning. I also got some matching colored napkins and put them beside the flowers.


The balloons became a bit deflated by the time of the party as they were all blown up the night before..It may not be state of the art, but I was pleased at how it all came together in the end.


The Happy Birthday Banners were homemade. I just printed out the letters on cardstock, punched some holes and threaded a ribbon through them for the square shaped banner and for the circular banner just hung them on twine with some adorable rainbow colored wooden pegs.. Easy Peasy! So much prettier than the ready made ones and fitted our theme perfectly. The photo banner too was pretty simple to make. Just printed them out on regular paper, stuck them onto some cardstock and hung them on a twine usingmore of those colored wooden pegs. The lighting on that side of the room wasn't too great, so I don't have a good picture of it unfortunately. I must say thanks to all my friends that helped with the cutting and pasting involved in making these banners. I couldn't have done it without you!



Party favors. No party seems to be complete without them . I did that for Kochu's party 2 years(!!) ago, but I wasn't too keen on it this year. This was mostly because we had kids of all ages and I'd have to shop around to find gifts/toys suitable for each kid.That was too much of a hassle and I didn't have the luxury of time. Instead I decided to go with a Candy/Sweets Station. That was a definite win-win as it would easily double up as a party decor and party favors in one.

I'd seen pictures on Pinterest of big apocrathy jars filled with candy, but when I thought of it realistically, after the party I'd have no use for those jars and it would just be a waste of money and space. That's when mason jars came to my rescue. They were big enough to hold a decent amount of sweets and yet afterwards I could easily find use for them in my kitchen! I used little organza bags in various colors as the favor bags, so they could keep the bags long after the candy had gone. I printed out a sign that said " Lucas' Sweet Shoppe. Grab a bag and help yourself to some sweet treats" and stuck on the table so that everyone knew that the sweets were for taking and not just decorations.



The hall was decorated with balloons all over by our friends. Thank you Blenheim Boys and Girls for all your help and lungs!!! You are awesome.


The food was prepared at home this time with help from friends of ours and we were stoked with how good the food turned out! The menu was Pork fry, Chicken nibbles and Beef cutlets as starters. Mains was Dum Biryani with lemon pickle, raita and papadoms. Dessert was Double Cookies & Cream Ice Cream and a surprise pudding made by another dear friend! Special thanks to Nikhil, Lenin, Nithin, Kevin Chettan, Vijayan uncle, Priya aunty, Jerin, Johnny and Binu chettan for your help with the cooking and cleaning.



This fruits carving was done by one of our friends, Leni. It was a surprise and it was stunning. Thank you Leni! Awesome talent, my dear.



All in all I think it was a fun party, with good food and good company. I'm thankful to everyone that helped out with the planning and preparations, none of this would have been possible without you. And a special thank to our besties, Anto and Liz, who flew in from Auckland just to attend the party! Kochu's and Chackochi's favourite people! :)

I'll leave you with some random pics from the party. Have a great weekend people!










Birthday Boy






















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)