23 May 2012

Chicken & Peach Mash

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , 1 comment


In one of my previous post I talked about how happy I was that Issac finally seemed to be settling in into his day-care. You're going to think I'm crazy, but I think I'm sad my son is actually quite comfortable with his teachers at kindy and is still smiling as he watches me walk away.

It’s not just the teachers in day-care. It’s everyone he jumps into the arms of. It’s all those times I hold out my arms for him and he turns his back on me, obviously more comfortable in a strangers arms!

There used to be a time a couple of months ago, when Renju had to just walk past and Issac would flail and twist and turn in my arms until his Dada picked him up. He would then settle into Renju’s arms and shoot me weird looks like I was a random stranger from the street.

It totally broke my heart! I felt so dejected. Isaac was seriously in love with Renju. He always wanted Renju if he's there. Luckily now, mostly by the end of the day, my son wants to snuggle and love me. He will reach for me, even when Renju was holding him.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love my son. I love him so much, more than anything. Sometimes it's so hard to see him love and want someone more than me! I guess it’s a blessing that he has a Dad he is attached to and in love with. He has such a great Dad. No wonder he is obsessed with him. I am too... J

I guess it’s just a phase and he'll soon outgrow it.But until then, I'll continue to be jealous of all those he chooses over me.


Today's recipe combines chicken with fruit - a combination that works surprisingly well ... and particularly appeals to babies!

This may not top Issac's favorites at the moment but at least he eats it. This seems to be the only way I can get him to eat rice right now.


Chicken & Peach Mash
Recipe Source Homemade Baby Food Recipes




1/2 cup cooked, boneless chicken, chopped
1/4 cup cooked rice (Refer Notes)
1 ripe peach
1 tbsp formula/breast milk

Remove the skin and stone from the peach, then quarter.
Place the peach, chicken, rice and milk into a food processor.
Chop roughly - (this recipe is suitable for babies capable of chewing soft lumps).

Notes

You can use white or brown rice as you prefer.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)