14 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day - Beef Mince & Veges

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , , No comments


Why are you crying?" he asked his mom.
"Because I'm a mother," she told him.
"I don't understand," he said.
His mom just hugged him and said, "You never will!"

Later the little boy asked his father why Mother
seemed to cry for no reason.
"All mothers cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering
why mothers cry. So he finally put in a call to God, and
when God got on the phone the man said,
"God, why do mothers cry so easily?"

God said, "You see son, when I made mothers they had
to be special. I made their shoulders strong enough to
carry the weight of the world, yet gently enough to give
comfort. I gave them an inner strength to endure childbirth
and the rejection that many times come from their children."

"I gave them a hardiness that allows them to keep going
when everyone else gives up, and to take care of their
families through sickness and fatigue without complaining."

"I gave them the sensitivity to love their children under all
circumstances, even when their child has hurt them very
badly. This same sensitivity helps them to make a child's boo-boo
feel better and helps them share a teenager's anxieties and fears."

"I gave them a tear to shed. It's theirs exclusively to use whenever
it's needed.
It's their only weakness.
 It's a tear for mankind."


...Author Unknown



I received this via email from a friend and thought it was really nice and worth sharing. 

Nothing compares to the joy of actually being a mother this year. This little one has brought me so much happiness than I ever thought possible.

Happy's Mothers Day to all moms out there and I hope you had a blessed day!

Beef Mince & Veges
Today's recipe is something I whipped up with random ingredients I had on hand. I've been meaning to introduce  red meat to Issac's diet for quite a while now and never seemed to find the right time.I've used minced beef in the recipe, but you can adapt it as you like and use whatever meat you have on hand.

Issac wasn't too keen on the taste at first but a couple of spoonfuls later, it was like bring it on!!!



3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp grated Cheddar cheese
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 an onion, chopped finely
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1 carrot , peeled and grated
1 small potatoe , peeled and cut into chunks
1 zucchini , chopped
150g lean minced beef
50 ml homemade stock or water (refer Notes)
A pinch of dried thyme

Put the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook until tender. Drain and mash together with the butter, milk and grated cheese.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion over a low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add the garlic and cook for half a minute. Add the grated carrot and zucchini and saute until tender.
In a separate pan, dry fry the minced beef until browned, stirring occasionally. Add to the sauteed vege mix.Pour in the stock and add the thyme. Cover and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.

Mash or puree as necessary.

Stir in the mashed potatoes before serving. Serve warm!



Notes
You can find the recipe to make homemade stock here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)